Thanks for your sweet words on Cheeks’s first birthday. :)
I have some finished makes waiting in the wings for photos, but while I work on getting the time and gumption to take them, I thought it would be prudent to post an update to my Summer plan progress, fabric fasting pledge and share some of the new things I plan to make!
Review and update of my Summer Plans:
– Dresses for June Weddings: Achieved-ish. I couldn’t get my ass in gear for the first wedding and wore a RTW Lands’ End dress. For the second wedding I did complete a dress and it was one I considered in my planning post! To be blogged.
– Amazingly cheesy 4th of July outfits for our little family: ACHIEVED!
– More Summer sleep sacks for Mr. Cheeks: ACHIEVED! May or may not blog, ’cause: boring.
– Outfit for Cheeks’ 1 year (!!!) photos: Failed. He wore some cute RTW stuff instead for photos, as well as his birthday outfit. HOWEVER, I did end up making myself a new dress for our family photos: To be blogged.
– Outfit for Cheeks’ birthday (!!!!!): ACHIEVED! To be blogged.
* * * * *
Fabric fast update: I have bought fabric, but within the parameters of my pledge. I accidentally ruined my last bit of fabric for Cheeks’ birthday outfit (Gah! :()and had to order more to replace it. The other fabric I bought is for an upcoming project I plan to complete ASAP (See #6 below).
Fabric Mart has some really lovely looking viscose/nylon/lycra 4 way stretch black ponte that I have been salivating over. Why do I torture myself by looking? It’s a great basic and I really want to give in and buy some, since I haven’t seen that content mix in black there pretty much ever, but I’m doing my best to stick to my pledge. Anyone want to buy me a fabric gift? :P LOL bad.
* * * * *
My Autumn sewing plans are mostly about love, centering on my sister-in-law E’s upcoming nuptials, but I also have a tad of Cheeks and utilitarian sewing thrown in.
As you’re about to see, the number of things on my plate that have to be done by mid September look a bit daunting, but I am moderately(ish) confident I can get them done!
- Mystery project for the Bride: I won’t be blogging this one until after their late September wedding, but am excited that all of the materials have finally arrived.
- Tie for the Groom: to match #1. Easy peasy, right? I hope so!
- Dress for E&J’s wedding ceremony: I am between two options…we’ll see which one wins in the end!
Option A: By Hand London Anna in navy washed silk
Option B: Vogue 1447 in pale green silk dupioni with yet to be determined lace
- Matching plaid shirt for Mr. 5 and dress for me for E&J’s wedding reception: The ceremony and reception are different days, thus the different outfits. I wouldn’t change mid-day, that’s for sure! That would be a weird diva move at a wedding that’s not your own.
I snagged a nice blue/multi Ralph Lauren cotton plaid (The bride and groom are requesting all guests to wear plaid. Fun!) from FabricMart mere days before my no-more-fabric pledge.
For Mr. 5: McCall’s 6044
For me: the Burda I’ve been lusting after forever (08-2014-116), as a carry over from my Summer Plan options
- Stuffie: for Cheeks’ birthday. Yeah, I’m behind. But he’s 1 and doesn’t know the difference. The lovely folks of Instagram and Facebook overwhelmingly voted shark, based on this photo.
Will I concur? You’ll see!
- Cloth pads: Maybe a little TMI, but whatever. That’s how I roll. This is the other fabric I mentioned buying: I needed some Taslan nylon for the bottom (for leak resistance) and diaper flannel for the innards.
I have some great cloth pads from Party In My Pants, that I tried and love per the recommendation of a close friend, but couldn’t stomach spending another $90 for six of them (vs. the $11 I spent on the fabrics, plus I will use some stash fabric). Now that I have my snap press (the annoying part before) I’m goin’ for it! Construction is simple; hopefully the fabrics I’ve chosen work well. That’s the real trade secret of their cloth pads.
So, yeah. WHEW. Ready…set…GO!