I am starting to feel the crunch of the time left before the impending arrival of Baby SometimesSewist (also known as The Panda, or more recently, The Squirrel/Thumper). He should be arriving 8 weeks from today, give or take a couple of weeks, of course. ;) Before I enter the daze of New Motherhood in July, here is what I am hoping to accomplish sewing-wise.
For my little guy:
1. Finish crib quilt. Here’s the progress I’ve made as of this post.
2. Diaper bag: Simplicity 2924 with this fabric.
3. This newborn gown with this fabric.
4. A “going home” outfit. What did you dress your baby in for his or her first trip in the car?
5. Knit this baby blanket.
6. Maybe: This adorable Summer Romper in this fabric.
For me: With only 2ish months left, it doesn’t make sense to make myself too much else to wear, but there are still some things I need/would like to:
1. Must: Nursing nightgown for the hospital. Planning to adapt a pattern in stash, unless one of you has a really awesome idea for me! My current thoughts for a solution (both using knits):
Converting pleats to gathers with elasticized neckline (and no damn ruffles) for pull-down nursing access
Lengthening bodice (in both directions for modesty) and creating a pull up panel with nursing access underneath
2. Maybe: Dress for my baby shower. Not sure of the fabric, but the plan would be to adapt McCall’s 6557.
3. Maybe: McCall’s 6347, view B, which is OOP and I randomly bought a couple of years ago for if/when I got pregnant. Not something I would usually wear, but I was allured by the volume, flattery be damned. I sort of forgot about it until just now.
4. Maybe: Simplicity 1360, view D, because I like wearing dresses in Summer and have heard really great things about this one. Think it will work well postpartum as well, but not really sure on the nursing front.
I also have been pondering nursing clothes in general, but feel like it doesn’t make much sense for me to go making a bunch of stuff before I know what size I’ll be. Will probably end up making due with things I have or buying ready to wear. So, those are my plans for the next 6 weeks or so! Not planning to do any sewing in July unless I really, really want to. :) Looking at them all written down is making me realize that I may not be able to complete everything I want to, but I’ll do my best to get the important things done. P.S. If you’re a PR member, voting for the Wardrobe Contest started yesterday! You can check out all of the composite reviews (mine is here) and place your votes here: