Butterick 5030, view C, with view E sash
I’m quite happy with how it turned out, and C said it was exactly what she was looking for and that she loves it. :) Big sigh of relief! Plus, that weird part that was pulling in the muslin? It’s not completely gone, but the sash really masks it, and it doesn’t seem nearly as noticeable to me in the final product. Thank goodness for prints, right? :)
Remember that weird part that was pulling on the muslin? It’s not completely gone, but the sash really masks it, and it doesn’t seem nearly as noticeable to me in the final product. Thank goodness for prints, right? :) Besides fitting frustration, the construction of this bad boy was pretty straight forward and frustration free.
The only real tip I have to provide on this one is to really clip the curves of the neck when applying the neckband. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a crappy looking mess, like I did with both of the muslins…
Because the shell fabric was a slightly see through linen, I ended up underlining the whole thing. I thought about just lining it, to preserve some floatiness, but I didn’t want the print to show through around the neckline and at the darts.
This made the whole thing a bit heavier than I (or C) was expecting, but it should make it nice and opaque! If I had to do it over again, I probably would have lined in a light cotton instead of also in linen.
I liberally used my narrow hem foot once again. It was invaluable on the (view E) sash and the flutter sleeves.
I’m so excited for C’s wedding festivities to begin so she can wear her new dress…and of course see her in her other very special new dress… :)